Bar Squared Limited, a company registered in England and Wales (no. 05957944), specialise in the development and support of LEX Chambers Management software for barristers’ chambers and supply third party cloud hosting for application, data storage and email services. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under no. Z1361097.
This policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it securely. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
To exercise all relevant rights, for queries or complaints, please contact the GDPR Administration, Bar Squared Limited, 6 Warren Park Way, Enderby, Leicester LE19 4SA. Alternatively, you may telephone 0116 272 5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bar Squared Limited acknowledges its obligations as a data controller and data processor.
All employees of Bar Squared Limited are responsible for ensuring that the content of this notice is drawn to a data subject’s attention and consent to the processing of their data is obtained.
Information provided by you
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
How do we collect information from you?
You provide us with personal data when you contact us online, by email or telephone. Personal data we collect and process may include: first name, last name and contact details, IP address, cookies and information regarding the pages of our website that you have accessed and when. This data is essential for us to be able to verify your identity when you contact us, for us to provide services to you, to collect payments and to improve and monitor our service.
We only obtain information from third parties if this is permitted by law.
How do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from contracts entered into by you and us, your staff and/or members;
- to enable client administration;
- to identify where our product and services can be improved;
- to maintain our own accounts and records;
- to market our services and events to individuals or businesses;
Bar Squared Limited complies with its obligations under the GDPR:
- by collecting and retaining only data necessary to communicate with our clients and prospects;
- by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data;
- by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying data securely;
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for the performance of a contract;
- where we pursue legitimate interest, or we use third parties, our processing is based on commercial interests.
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential.
Except for our legal basis, legitimate interests or to meet health and safety obligations, Bar Squared Limited will not share your personal data with third parties without obtaining your prior consent.
Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on our behalf.
Where email addresses are processed outside the EEA, your rights under the GDPR are maintained under contract with the third party.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your data for as short a period as possible and our retention period may vary from one piece of information to another. It will also take into account our need to meet any legal, statutory and regulatory obligations. In all cases our need to use your personal information will be reassessed on a regular basis and information which is no longer required will be disposed of.
Data subject rights
- Right of access
- to request a copy of the personal data that Bar Squared Limited holds about you;
- Right of rectification
- to request that Bar Squared Limited corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- Right to be forgotten
- in certain circumstances you can request your personal data is erased from out records;
- Right to restrict processing
- in certain conditions you have a right to restrict processing;
- Right of portability
- You have the right to have personal data we hold about you transferred directly to another data controller;
- Right to object
- where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing and
- the right to object to the automated processing, including profiling of personal data;
- Right to judicial review
- Should Bar Squared Limited refuse your request to rights of access, you have the right to complain as outlined below.
Should you exercise any of the above rights, Bar Squared Limited will advise any Third Parties involved in the processing of your personal data.
Third Party Processors
City Business Solutions Limited, High Holborn House, 49-51 High Holborn, London WC1R 4LR
Sprout Technologies Limited, 236-240 Temple Chambers, 3-7 Temple Avenue, London EC4Y 0DT
Silverbug Limited, Linford Pavilion, Sunrise Parkway, Linford Wood, Milton Keynes MK14 6LS
On Direct Business Services Limited, The Tramshed, Walcot Street, Bath BA1 5BB
SendGrid Inc, 1801 California Street, Suite 500, Denver, Colorado 80202, USA under GDPR compliant contract.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this privacy notice, we will provide you with a new notice setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions, prior to undertaking any new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact the GDPR Administrator on 0116 272 5000 or via email at email@example.com.
You may raise a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.