LEX has integrated with Xero to automatically insert barrister specific payment data, at the point of receipt, directly into a barrister’s own version of Xero. One-time validation, no exporting, no importing, no stress.
Many LEX client chambers, barristers, and their accountants have already moved to Xero from other accounting products, like Sage and QuickBooks. Many more are following their lead. These facts combined with Xero’s accessibility made Xero the obvious choice for our advanced MTD solution.
The LEX/Xero integration
Uses Xero’s API to create a secure, private connection between LEX and barrister’s version of Xero once authorised by the barrister.
- Gives access to Xero – controlled by each barrister. There is no visibility from LEX.
- Maintains your VAT accounts digitally to comply with HMRC regulations.
- Updates transactions in LEX to indicate that they have been synchronised with Xero.
- Identifies VAT rounding discrepancies and resolves them automatically.
- Uploads data automatically.
Xero is an MTD for VAT compliant application
Once configured, the feature works automatically and requires no additional action from those processing the payments in LEX. The fact that the payment data is inserted into the barrister’s own Xero account, removes the requirement to export/import data from LEX manually into Xero, which reduces the work required to make an MTD submission through HMRCs portal.
LEX is now working on a ‘Chambers’ link, dealing with commission/rent calculations and the insertion of draft invoices into Xero for recharging/billing.